Laying out all my options

I remember my final examination paper. It feels like it was just recently that I sat for my clinical psychology paper. It seems just yesterday that I was still a student learning psychology.

That was two months ago. Today is nearing the end of March. Which means that it's SALARY DAY TOMORROW!

If people ask me what I want, I think I can give a straightforward answer, assuming that I have the means to do. But, I NEED help. I need some input on my future since I feel that there is no 'light' in my future.

Option A: Further my studies

Get a masters degree and then probably a PhD. My passion lies in the field of forensic psychology. But there is no course here in Malaysia. So I will need to go overseas, I have already applied for Masters in Forensic Psychology at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK. They reviewed my application and I have been invited for an interview. Before that I need to make sure that my degree is  BPS-accredited which means money in pounds 😭 I have not even thought about how to support myself and how to pay for my education. I also applied for Masters of Philosophy in Psychology at Cambridge, this program offers full sponsorship on the fees.

I could also apply for a course here in Malaysia. Not sure what I would choose here, maybe social/clinical psychology or criminology. I am a bit picky with the university choice so I need think further about this if I am going with this plan.

The core problem is not the place, subject or university. The problem is money πŸ’°πŸ’ΈπŸ’°. You need money for everything, right? πŸ˜”

Option B: Work

I am working now and have learnt a few things. I am training myself to be patient, polite and most importantly, professional. My job, to me is not at all challenging or stimulating. It lies mostly in the administrative work but I am not complaining, at least I can add that to my resume, under the work experience column.

As I said earlier, there are not a lot of jobs for psychology majors, but since I am considering my options, here is a list of what I want to be in the future:

- lifestyle writer/journalist
- social worker
- psychology officer (counselor)
- HR personnel/manager (recruitment @ training & development)
- market researcher
- News reader/reporter/news anchor
- copywriter
- assistant psychologist
- lecturer (psychology)
- detective

Here is also a list of industries I want to work in:
- crime/legal
- media
- advertising
- corporate (hr)
- university
- research institute
- hospital / clinic
- social services / NGO

Option C: Business

Me and hubby thought a lot about this but no action. Hahaha. I guess I am into business but I have not have the time to plan thoroughly. I guess I am also afraid of the risks that entales in a business.

So there goes... what do you think??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hubby's victory night: Majlis Makan Malam Regimental Sempena Pentauliahan Diraja Palapes Darat kali ke 34

Respect begets respect ~

Tips masuk UIA