Best of Both Worlds

For 16 years, my home was in sunny island, Singapore. I love Singapore even though it's soo tiny! I was born in East Shore Hospital and my first house was in Jalan Binjai. It was a banglo but we moved after my baby brother came into our life to Tampines.


East View Primary School (EVPS)also known as Empty Vessel Primary School


Junyuan Secondary School

For six years, I spent my life here EVPS and just a year in JYSS. Life was terrible! Totally terrible because I was continuously bullied every other day. Maybe it's because I am nerd. Opps. This might be the reason why I would choose guys over girls. I was not a smart person and the education here is tougher than education in Malaysia. I barely made it during my PSLE with an aggregate of 201. Barely made it into Express Stream.

Singapore is acclaimed for its education system right. I heard Singaporean students are quite stressed out. Thank God I survived my phase!

I loveee living in Singapore. It has really good and cheap food. Singapore's currency is real strong. With just $50, you can buy lots of stuff and still have some change for savings. It's town planning and drainage system are really efficient. Singapore may not be an Islamic country, but it upholds Islamic principles in its governance. It is super duper clean because rubbish bins are everywhere and you'd feel really guilty to throw rubbish anywhere. 


                                                Singapore is greeny and full of trees!
You can see trees everywhere even in highways as compared to Malaysia!


 You don't need a car in Singapore because of the efficiency of the Public Transportation. Buying and maintaining a car in Singapore is really expensive. But you can go anywhere by Public transport.  

I miss my hometown.

Now, I have migrated to Malaysia for about 5 years. I still do miss Singapore at times. Apa nak buat Singapura, tak ada jodoh! *Sobs*

Mama had a dream that her kids would memorize the Quran. And we moved..

I never wanted to move here. But there was no freedom of speech to express opinions in the house and everybody followed.
So here I am. It was a culture shock at first, I guess. Singapore and Malaysia are two different worlds even though it was just across the causeway.

Moving school after school after school. In Johor, I went to 6 schools. Tiring you know!
In 2010, the family moved to Kota Tinggi. I love Kota Tinggi. It's such a nice area to live in. We live in a rented terrace. 

This my fifth school, SMA Kota Tinggi. The longest school I stayed in with a stay of 3 years:)

One thing I really like about Malaysia is you can pray practically anywhere. Stop over anywhere and pray. And the Adzan can be heard here as loud as the microphone could go. In Singapore, you can only hear it when you're in the mosque itself.

The cleanliness in Singapore is 5 times better than Malaysia. In front of my house, they dump everything there even though there's a sign that says JANGAN MEMBUANG SAMPAH MERATA-RATA!  Sorry but I have no pictures to show.
Malaysia is not clean. Come on Malaysia, you can do better than this!

In Malaysia, Bumiputras have their privileges that Malay Singaporeans do not. Bumiputras get sponsorships for education real easy. In Singapore, you have to be a chinese to get sponsored. 
If it's one thing that I'm thankful for changing my citizenship, it's because of the wonderful scholarship. Alhamdulillah:) You won't get it in Singapore you know.

However, a good thing can be a bad thing. 
Some Malays can be spoilt because the government give them everything and in turn they do not exercise diligence.

Anyways, I got the best of both worlds. 
Even though there's some stuff I do not like about Malaysia. But I need to remember I am married to a Malaysian who loves his country.
I really regret kutuk kutuk Malaysia dulu dulu. Kan dah dapat lelaki orang kuat BN. Hahaha. Opss. --

I'd love to migrate to some other place. A girl can dream, can't she? 
The important thing is to "pujuk" my hubby first. We did have a talk about it but he loves Malaysia too much :( :( :( 
Any tips macam mana nk pujuk?

I'll keep praying. Allah always answer your prayers, believe me. Been there:)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hubby's victory night: Majlis Makan Malam Regimental Sempena Pentauliahan Diraja Palapes Darat kali ke 34

Respect begets respect ~

Tips masuk UIA